Art Galleries in Bluffton, SC | Bluffton’s Cultural District
One of the cornerstones of a great community is its ability to support the arts. Without arts, we are missing a critical part of the human spirit. Arts connect us to the world, helps our children dream, connects us to the community, strengthen relationships, create conversations, and gives life to stories that should never be forgotten. Below you’ll find information on SOBA and art galleries in Bluffton, SC.
SOBA Society of Bluffton Artists was established in the spring of 1994 by seven local artists who all had a common vision. Promoting a stimulating community environment for the visual arts and assist area students and artists in enhancing their artistic abilities.
Interested in art classes and workshops? SOBA has many great offerings including acrylics for beginners and intermediates, watercolors and oils. Classes will be held in the SOBA Center for Creative Arts next door to the SOBA Gallery at 8 Church Street, Bluffton unless noted otherwise. The schedule is subject to change. Please make reservations in advance for all workshops. Art teachers’ compensation for their time and expertise depends on the minimum number of students per class. Registration commits you, the teacher, and SOBA. To enroll please chose your class(es) here on their web site and register with a credit card or PayPal, or pick up a form at the gallery which you may fill out, enclose a check or money order or credit card information, and mail in to SOBA, Barbara Pecce, PO Box 1972, Bluffton, SC 29910.
Learn about their membership levels by Clicking Here. They offer a standard membership, an Exhibiting Membership, and Friends of SOBA. They offer classes and workshops, too. To learn more about their classes and workshops click here.
If you’re visiting Bluffton and love the visual arts, take time to stop by SOBA or one of the many art galleries in Old Town Bluffton. If you’re going to have an extended stay, we recommend contacting SOBA in advance to register for an art class. This a great way to learn more about Bluffton and the local art scene.
Society of Bluffton Artists
Mailing Address: P.O. BOX 1972, Bluffton, SC 29910
Gallery Address: 6 Church Street, Bluffton, SC 29910
Center for the Creative Arts: 8 Church Street, Bluffton, SC 29910
Below is a list of Art Galleries in Bluffton.
La Petite Gallery
Address: 56 Calhoun St, Bluffton, SC 29910
A good read about Children and Art. Click Here.
People seem to have very strong opinions when it comes to art galleries. Many have never even visited an art gallery, many people tend to think that they are not for them to visit and that they won’t be welcome. Contemporary artists are very busy people who are trying to juggle many things. Art isn’t a subject that is very well educated in schools. So, when schools visit a gallery, the pupils will more than likely be amazed at what they see and find out.
Art galleries are very inspiring places, and there are many reasons why you should take some time out during your busy schedule to visit one…
1. One of the many reasons why you should visit an art gallery, it is free! Walk around the gallery, at your own pace and take in the breath-taking art. It won’t cost you a penny. What a way to spend your day!
2. By visiting art galleries, you will begin to familiarise yourself with not only artists but also their work, before they even become famous.
3. For many people, art is a form of meditation. Nothing will help clear your mind, like visiting an art gallery will. Art galleries often restore a great sense of calm and wholeness.
4. Nothing will boost your own personal creativity more than visiting art galleries. If you want to unleash your own creativity, try a different gallery each time.
5. Contemporary art museums aren’t the only places that you can learn about art. You can learn plenty about art galleries too. Any good art gallery will have friendly staff on hand who can tell you all about the art that you’re viewing, as well as talking to you about the artist themselves. No one will be judging you on your knowledge of art, just visit the gallery and enjoy yourself.
6. If you’re willing to open yourself up to art, you’ll allow an entire world of creativity to transform you as a person. By looking around/museum once a month, you’ll see for yourself. Art and art galleries will help you to express yourselves.
7. Art if not anything else is simply a way to have fun. All contemporary art requires, is that you spend a little time with it. Get to know it, explore it, the process is fun. Art teaches and reveals who we are to ourselves. If you don’t like the show in one gallery, keep it moving, don’t let it put you off visiting another gallery. You have the power to pick and choose the art that you like and want to spend time with. And the most important point to remember- enjoy.
There is definitely a different experience meeting someone in person, rather than just looking at their photograph on a website. Art galleries are important because it’s a place where artists, collectors, and other visitors can approach. It’s a place which can create a real social network for people who are interested in arts. Art galleries can create a comforting, focused atmosphere for visitors to enjoy artworks.
Visit the best Art Galleries in Bluffton!